Monday to Thursday 12pm - 7pm
30 minute one on one lesson - $35
60 minute one on one lesson - $60
30 minute group lesson (4 students max) - $20
4 years and older
Drum lessons are taught by the founder of The Buttery Music School, drumming and happiness queen, Jaymee Watkin. She can provide any of the following:
- Practical lessons on an acoustic drum kit
- The Internationally recognised Trinity College Rock and Pop curriculum, through which you can gain official music gradings
- The fundamentals of music and rhythm
- How to read basic drums
- Helping people to develop confidence and pride within themselves in all aspects of their life through music
- Helping people find passion and fun in music
- Letting go of the troubles and stresses of work/ school life
- Touching on subjects such as genres in music, DIY recording, having fun with microphones, how to jam and be in bands, and playing to all of your favourite songs.
Jaymee has spent the past ten years performing and recording in numerous musical projects, including touring with Australian songstress, Emma Louise. These tours included supporting world famous artist, Sam Smith on his sold out arena tours through Aus and NZ, and performing at festivals such as Splendour in the Grass, Groovin the Moo, and Beyond The Valley. Jaymee has also flown to Europe on numerous occasions as Emma’s tour manager and drummer, and also to attend the making of Emma’s album, Supercry, in France. She has also played in many different musical projects spanning rock, folk, disco, gypsy, country, blues, pop and funk.
Prior to her teaching career, Jaymee spent years working as a nanny, and is well acquainted with the little ones of all ages. She holds a current Blue Card. Jaymee has also taught people with learning and behavioural difficulties and anxiety disorders, and develops a deep and caring connection with every one of her students.
Below are videos of two of Jaymee’s drum students performing a song they learnt (back when the school was called Tucker Shake Music School).